Jack Simpson's Journal

Shrapnel Valley, Gallipoli

18 May 1915

Today I survived my 23rd day of war.  Me and Duffy took 

38 wounded down the hillside to the beach.  We are 

exhausted.

Today we had the worst day ever.  I had to work in 

smelly clothes.  I stink!  I had to go right to the battle 

front to get the wounded men.

Duffy and I are so tired and I want to go home.  It is 30 

degrees and I’m exhausted from going up the narrow 

path to get to the fighting.

I hate the blood and grit on my hands and I am 

exhausted.

I want to go home. 


9 comments:

  1. I liked the part when you said I stink!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I no that was my favourte to samuel

      Delete
    2. I no that was my favourte to samuel

      Delete
  2. i like how you said 30 degrees!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you said 30 degrees!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow. it was really hot in your journal writing!
    Ryder

    ReplyDelete
  5. 38 wouded soldiers is a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the way you said I stink!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like how you said" I hate that I have blood and grit on my hands and I want to go home."I like your writing Jack.Caleb

    ReplyDelete